Numerical analysis of wave propagation in solids and structures
Professor Lars Andersen
Aalborg University, Denmark
· Computational methods (finite-elements, boundary-elements, material-point methods, etc.)
· Wave propagation in solids and structures (computational analysis, wave barriers, moving loads)
· Structural dynamics and building acoustics (computational analysis)
· Soil mechanics (constitutive models, computational models)
· Soil–structure interaction (foundations, tunnels, railway structures)
· Concrete (constitutive behaviour, compact reinforced composites, structural design).
· Deputy Head of the Structural Mechanics Division, Department of Civil Engineering, Aalborg University, Denmark, 2008–2010
· Responsible for international exchange programme in Civil Engineering, Aalborg University, Denmark, 2004–
· Union representative for the Danish Society of Engineers, IDA, at Aalborg University, Denmark, 2007–2013 (representing and negotiating salary for more than 800 employees at more than 10 departments in four faculties)
· Member of the joint consultation committee of Aalborg University, Denmark, 2008–2013
· 80 papers in peer-reviewed international scientific journals and conference proceedings
· 45 technical reports, monographs, book chapters and papers in other proceedings.